Channel 4 TV in UK broadcasted at 8PM Friday 01 Apr 2011
Series 5 Episode 34
A Place in the Sun: Home or Away
Jayne and Hendrik are desperate to get out of their rented house and buy their own property. With £380k to spend, the couple are torn between Hertfordshire and Le Marche in Italy.
You must have been inspired by the program and may now want to know more about the fantastic opportunities that the Le Marche area of Italy offers in the way of Properties including Farm Houses, Villas and Town Houses you need look no further than our Properties section.
Presenter Jasmine Harman said,
"They cannot even begin to make a decision until they have seen what Italy has to offer and they couldn't have found a more beautiful place to search in - The central region of Le Marche stretches across the eastern side of the Adriatic Coast and the Apennine Mountains, offering dramatic inland scenery. It has a population of over 1.5M but remains relatively undiscovered"...... "This area has maintained its reputation as the secret jewel of Italy"
"The slow, peaceful, unspoilt lifestyle is precisely what is so attractive to our house hunters.
And those in the know, the Italians, account for approximately 85% of visitors, with the remaining 15% mainly made up of Germans, British, French and Dutch.
The region has two coastal airports, both of which have daily flights to and from London, with new routes being added all the time, making it an increasingly easy place to get to.
The further inland you come, the lower property prices fall. Much of Le Marche is still relatively untouched. A house here is up to 35% cheaper than neighbouring Tuscany.
So I can see why Hendrick and Jayne are attracted to living here."
"In the last 10 years house prices in Le Marche have risen dramatically. One reason for this is the increase in foreign buyers in the area, as the region is slowly being discovered as an alternative to Tuscany and Umbria."
San Ginesio was featured heavily in the programme,
"It (San Ginesio) has a population of nearly 4,000 and stands at 700 metres above sea level. It's nicknamed as the balcony of the Sibilini mountains, thanks to its wounderful views."
"In the evening (the Piazza) is buzzing. They close it all off to cars and there are parties, restaurants and bars and loads of people. So it is really nice to come in the evening too."
"Buying a house here is as much about the surroundings as it is about the price"
The programme also mentions close by Le Marche towns of Rocca and Amandola
An essential contact for you in this area is the highly respected property expert Kevin Gibney of MarcheHomesDirect.com. Kevin showed them Le Marche properties while they were in Italy.
Comments about this article:
Interesting show...did a nice job showcasing the area but a mediocre one characterizing the real estate market. It looked a bit dated. In any event, nice publicity for our area--enjoying a 23º day in April 2nd!!
Browse Marche Properties for Sale @